7 Reasons Why Everyone Should Be an Influencer or Micro Influencer
A lot of people have been asking me about how to start their influencer journey, and I decided to write a blog about my top 7 reasons for beginning in the next 30 days! Before you start reading, make sure you follow my personal Instagram to watch my influencer journey, then follow my Microinfluencer Community Page on Instagram for more influencing tips! Leave a comment and let me know which reason is most inspiring to you!
- You’re Already an Influencer | You are already an influencer, whether you know it or not! Have you ever told someone, “Download this cool new app that lets you earn money every time you swipe your card” or asked a friend, “Have you seen those new Reebok x Cardi B shoes?” and they actually downloaded the app or eventually purchased the shoes. Maybe you might have just posted an Instagram story with a newest Young Thug song, and little do you know—your audience is typing the lyrics in Google as you read this. These are just three examples of instances where you were already being an influencer! We tell our friends, family, and social media audiences about new brands, songs, and products all the time, and guess what? WE DON’T EVEN GET PAID FOR IT. It’s time to STOP with the free promo and reimagine yourself as an influencer who has plenty of value to bring to their audience. This value is worth being paid for in the eyes of brands all over the world!
- FREE STUFF! | Do you like getting free stuff? If so, influencing is for you! One of the best parts about being an influencer is that you are able to try many different products at no expense to you. The things that you would normally be hesitant to spend your money on, could actually be gifted to you instead. For example, I wanted a really nice waist trainer that was durable and not made in China. Instead of spending $80 on a quality waist trainer, I reached out to a waist trainer company and asked if they were looking for influencers! They sent me—not 1, not 2, but— THREE high quality waist trainers FOR FREE. (A picture of me in one of the waist trainers s shown below. If you want to follow this company, please visit @ShaperFlex.USA on Instagram!) Becoming an influencer for this company saved me money that I was already going to spend, while also helping me to build a relationship with a brand a can look to for more workout gear in the future! So, for you, just think about how much money you spend on STUFF everyday…what if some of those items were sent straight to your door, for free?
- Grow Your Brand | As you may know already, having a social media presence is necessary for most businesses to grow their clientele. This means that there are millions of options as to who you can work with—big brands, medium sized brands, and growing brands! You may start out promoting smaller brands, but you are probably a smaller influencer…as you grow and become more experienced, bigger brands begin to reach out. This helps you to gain exposure to your personal page! More eyes=more followers and engagement. Imagine you land a big partnership where you get to promote for Target or Walmart—these pages have millions of followers that will click on your page when they see you tagged! This leads their audience to your page and whatever you may be selling at the time!
- Make New—and Meaningful—Connections | As we know, social media is about making social connections! These connections can be friendly, professional, or both. Influencing is definitely both. But think about it? You’re 6 months into your influencing career and you have now worked with 12 different brands. (That’s only 2 each month) You have now built relationships with 12 different brands and their audience, which connects you to a much larger audience! These connections can turn into sales for you in your own business. If you don’t have a business, then think about the difference in following 12 people (who probably won’t engage with your content or bring their audience to your page) OR 12 brands PLUS their 12 unique audiences. The more connections you can make with people, the higher likelihood of making the right connection that lands you exactly where you want to be!
- You Can Tap Into Freedom | Freedom is the ultimate goal for many people working 40 hours each week. What better way to tap into freedom than being able to make money from your phone, work from anywhere, and get free products while doing it? NOTHING BEATS IT. With influencing, you’ll be able to travel as often as you like and to wherever you like, because you do not have to exchange your time for money! Influencing is based on efforts, so as much as you put into it, that’s what you’ll get from it! There is no better feeling than getting paid for doing something that most people—including you—would do for free! The phone is no longer a liability, it becomes an investment that buys you freedom.
- Multiple Streams of Income is the new Black! | Who doesn’t want extra money? Influencer marketing is projected to be a $15 billion dollar industry by 2022, which is almost double how much it was worth in 2019. This should tell you one thing: There has never been a better time to be an influencer! If you want to add an additional stream of income that involves: minimal risk, high rewards, and little time, then influencing might be perfect for you! The average millionaire has 8 streams of income, and often one of them involves them getting paid just to speak or promote things. You can do it too, regardless of how many followers you have. I started getting paid campaigns as an influencer with 3K followers on Instagram, so if I can do it, I know you can do it. If you are still unsure, but interested in learning more about ow you can get started and get on track to make money, then feel free to schedule a 1 on 1 Influencer Coaching Session with me.
- Tax Write Offs | After all, you are your brand. Pretty much everything you do can be used as a tax write off when you are an influencer, as long as it relates to your influencer duties! When I get my hair, lashes, and nails done? That’s definitely a business expense. New clothing? Oh, that’s just wardrobe expenditures! When I pay for webinars other influencers are having, so that I can learn from them? That’s professional development, which is…Yup, another business expense. When I get my pictures taken? ANOTHER business expense. When I pay for food that I post about…it’s a business expense. I’m sure you see the pattern here, but yeah. You can spin anything when you are a brand. But remember, in order to do this, you have to be actually making money as an influencer, which means that it can't just be a hobby! If you are having a hard time landing partnerships, check out my Microinfluencer Masterclass.